Yes, I'm Alive, Despite the Recent Lapse in Technology

So for the past two and a half months, I haven't really been able to blog lately. First my home had some ongoing internet issues for a couple of weeks, and then, in mid-December, my laptop screen stopped working. Thanks to the absolutely terrible customer support workers at ASUS, I was told to send my laptop back to the US for repairs with the assurance that the laptop would be sent back to me in France, only to later be told that they don't send items overseas, leaving my poor baby stranded in a custody battle for a while. But she finally came back today, so here I am, writing and catching up on a month and a half's worth of TV.

It's really been too long for me to think of any interesting updates because things just kind of turn into a blur after a while. I went skiing in the Alps with my family for Christmas break, which was really fun and great to finally go skiing again after years of not being able to. I've had a lot of beer. I've gone shopping at the sales. I've had more beer.

As it turns out, not having access to a blog for a while gives you a lot of time to think about what you want to actually do with your blog. I originally had intentions of using this blog to help give advice to future au pairs or those who were considering it, and now that I've settled in and gone through all of the paperwork steps, I'm definitely qualified to do that. I'll be posting at least one post a week pertaining to specific au pair advice, on topics including: choosing a family, getting along with your family/resolving conflicts, paperwork processes, adjusting to a new culture, making friends, getting haircuts, and more.

I'll also be posting an additional post or two a week regarding my general life, beer, things I find funny, rants, selfies of me and the cat, snippets of the screenplay of my imaginary sitcom, fashion (ha, no.), or whatever I can tell myself random strangers on the internet who happen to stumble across this page will find amusing and interesting.

So there you have it. What would you like to see more of on this blog? Are there any topics you'd like to see me cover pertaining to au pairing? How are you doing today?

No comments:

Post a Comment